Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rewinding - past 7 months...

I was going to create a new blog, but after frustration set in I decided to just update the one we already have.

So rewinding the last 7 months:

January/February
Celebrated Mardi Gras. WOW!! Mardi Gras is the most amazing event. Being my first year of clebration I had heard stories of what it would be like, and to my surprise it was very family friendly. We did however stay out of the French Quarter and watched the parade from the St. Charles Street, Uptown, parade route (probably why it was family friendly).

(the aftermath)
We were hit with tons of beads/cups/toys/hats/
Thousands of people everywhere
Took a Cruise:
Stu and I took a 7 day cruise through the western caribbean. We visited Belize, Guatemala, Costa Maya, and Cozumel.


Are you aware they throw vegetables? Neither were we until we were hit by them. They throw cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and celery and people will fight you over these vegetables. We glady handed ours over.
We're having a baby! 
We found out this month that we are going to have a baby in December.
April/May/June
Visited Friends and Family in Colorado:  Our trip in was a nightmare...flight canceled...fight with Chinese rental car lady...interstate delays....but hey we eventually did arrive and got to drive a pretty cool H2 around the state. I met some of Stu's friends...who I just loved!  I also got to meet his most talked about (in a great way) Uncle Jose....who is WONDERFUL and Stu's Aunt Anne who is equally incredible. I am so excited to visit them after Baby Flannery is born.
Jackie & Steve's wedding in Philly:
We flew into Philly for Jackie and Steve's wedding. It was the first time since we've been married that Stu has met the Italian side of my family. We had such a good time with everyone. Stu loved my Nanny & Pop.
Anniversary Trip to Pensacola Beach where we got married:
We left the weekend of our anniversary for florida and spent a few days relaxing on the beach.
July/August
Went to a ZZ Top Concert in Biloxi, MS.
We learned not to be so dependent upon our Tom Tom who got us lost out in the middle of Nowhere, Mississippi. Eventually we found our way back to the interstate with plenty of time make ZZ Top. This concert was AMAZING. The best part was the venue was small and everyone sat the entire concert....great for pregnant women!!
Moved into a house/Apt.
We need more room for baby and a place where we were not on the 5th floor. DOn't get me wrong...our loft was wonderful, but not wonderful enough for baby to live in. Concrete floors and babies just don't mix so we found a great place in Lakeview to live with Baby Flannery.

Stu's 30th Birthday:
We celebrated Stu's 30th Birthday with friends at Superior Grill, a Mexican Restaurant in Uptown and headed to Pensacola Beach for the weekend to relax in the sun. I wanted Stu to do something fun for his big birthday so I suggested a white water rafting trip with his buddies. I rented the guys a cabin and set them up for their rafting adventure. They left early for a 9 hour drive to Tennessee to raft the Ocoee River for the weekend. I surprised Stu with a gas grill when he got home, which I proudly assembled all by myself.

No comments: