Monday, August 8, 2011

Stu's 32nd Birthday!!

Stu has been trying to make healthier choices when it comes to eating, but I know that has to be insanely difficult with me around, because I'm eating tons or bad food every day now. I can't help it...I'm pregnant and I crave it so i have zero will power and I eat it. I thought for his birthday I would take into consideration that he was trying to make healthy choices to i picked up sugar free chocolate pudding and some low calorie low fat whip cream to top it off with. I told Stu about his birthday dessert and he didn't seem thrilled....Oops...I tried!  Stu said he wanted a cake....but not just any ol' regular birthday cake...he wanted a cookie cake.

Stu had been going on and on and on and on for the past several months about wanting an ipod touch and I keep telling him that Dave Ramsey wouldn't agree with the purchase (we've been doing Dave Ramsey's financial peace university for almost a year now).  HOWEVER....we do have a budget category for birthday gifts (we have a large family) so Stu got his ipod touch for his birthday. He seriously didn't put it down for 4 days. I got a lot of you are the best wife ever compliments...HA!!

Oh back to the cookie cake....so Stu wanted a cookie cake. I got online to order one from the Great Cook Company and I about passed out from the price ($42) I had to come up with Plan B. There was no way i could get the ipod touch and the $42 cookie cake. Stu and I happened to be in Sam's Club the weekend before his birthday and I saw a great big cookie cake...a 5lbs 6oz cookie cake ($14)....we are still eating it.


He was trying to hard to get into this thing. 



He DID NOT want his picture taken.....he just wanted to eat this giant cookie. 

No comments: